Monday, July 11, 2011

Fight (v.) - to contend with or against in any manner

God gave me control of my own life, not the lives of others. There is a constant need to change minds in order make everyone see what we see. I can't make him see what I see. No matter how hard I try, there is something in him that makes it impossible to show him any form of reason. Why do I try? What is so important about this one person? Why am I trying to hold on? I think I know. For the shortest of years, he was my best friend, the one who gave me hope when I had none.
The change was sudden. Shocking. Painful. Now I have the choice. Let go and lose, or stay and try to hold on. Hold on to someone that may not even exist anymore. Someone who didn't experience any of the things I did. We were just a part of my over-active imagination. All those months were something I played out in my mind as reality went on without me. It's time. Time for me to find my place and stop holding on. There is nothing real to be found in my mind. There is nothing left for me to fight for.

No comments:

Post a Comment